Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Healthcare reform-less

To whom it may concern,
Mr. XXXXXX
My daughter is six years old we live in Rogers, Arkansas . I can not tell you how sickened I am about the new health care reform. It is more like health care welfare! What an incentive to get people who are already in the system to stay in the system.
In 2004 my daughter had an adverse reaction to a vaccine. We have been fighting for five very long years to get compensation and help with our daughter. We have lost our job in three different occasions and lost our home, our second car, and have done without necessities of health care for our family otherwise.

Our daughter has had multiple medical needs, and is a complex case that we had to sign up for the first visit to Arkansas Children’s Hospital, our state insurance. It is a far cry from Insurance. It insures you not. Our daughter has been neglected care, benefits, and much needed equipment need to get her through this. We don't have a tentative settlement date because our own government is refusing to pay for the medical care that she needs, equipment that she needs, and her basic daily living that has been terribly affected by this vaccine injury.

Our family has gotten absolutely no support, just a lot of rhetoric, more paper with denials, we were lost off of the Medicaid waiver system, only to have to wait two more years when we have waited five already.

We aren't going to have to worry about our health care, our Medicare, Medicaid or anything else in this country unless we take care of our children, medically, financially, physically and spiritually! I am appalled that the people who are making these decisions aren't talking to the families that are affected by these decisions. I also challenge our local leaders why we do not have people that are advocating for these families and children?

I have fought for five very long years only to go through agencies as a secondary measure because we have not gotten the necessary resources from the government who determined that the vaccines were safe in the first place. Second, I have gone through the state welfare-less medical system (government ran healthcare) to get services for my daughter to no avail. I have every denial for everything and anything, basic needs that would help her to be a part of society again. I have gone also through tertiary agencies who inform me they don't have funds, I can name these if needed, you would be surprised, they are the ones claiming they are helping to get children equipment and other resources they need. They have not helped me or my family in any way in five years. I am embarrassed to be in the position I am and didn't ask for it. The only thing that has gotten my family where it is and kept us from being homeless is God and the government is even trying to take that away. Shame on you! I know that my family is not the only family dealing with this; can you believe there are families afraid someone is going to take a measly $500 away from them a month for taking care of their child if they say something? I am going to fight and keep fighting and until I can find some one in the administration who is interested in fighting for our children who have needs.

Sincerely,
Paris Golec

No comments: